Applying for an Indian visa is not a hectic job at all, but the approval of a visa is. Getting an e visa saves your time as it only takes 2-4 days but only when you are eligible to avail e visa. E visa in India is only acceptable for five categories that are, e-Tourist, e-Business, e-conference, e-Medical, and e-Medical Attendant. A tourist visa in India is valid for the duration of 365 days from the date of the grant of Electronic travel authorization. Out of those 365 days, you can stay for 90 days continuously but that limit should not be exceeded, except for few countries like the USA, UK, Canada, and Japan. If you are from any of the four countries, you can stay for 180 days in a single visit. Tourist visa grants you multiple entries for a year i.e. 365 days, you can visit the country more than one time with Indian tourist e-visa in the span of 365 days. Your biometric details will be mandatorily captured on your arrival in India and you must travel on the passport which you have applied for the tourist e-visa.
Also, there are few things which you should consider before applying for an Indian tourist e visa.
- First thing, you should be national of the eligible countries, there are a number of countries that aren’t counted as eligible ones. Therefore, checking it with the officials is a must, although you can apply for a regular visa if your country isn’t eligible for e-visa.
- Planning your tour to a different country is a must, you should have your journey planned with the return ticket and enough money to spend while you stay in India. This planning will make you eligible for the tourist e-visa as well as make your stay worry less.
- Your sole purpose to visit India should be sightseeing, casual visit to a friend or family, recreation and no other. For any other purpose, you must apply for different e-visa categories like if your objective is the medical treatment you should apply for e-Medical if your objective is to attend a business meeting you should apply for e-Business. Every category has a fixed objective according to its name.
- The most important thing for getting an e-visa is a passport, every individual should have a separate passport. If you are looking to get a visa on the basis of your parent’s or spouse’s passport then you are not eligible, a passport is mandatory for all.
- If your passport is expiring that can make trouble for you and will block your way to get an e-visa it should have at least six months validity from your arrival in India. And it should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the immigration officer if you are not a frequent traveler that should not be a problem.
- Having a regular citizen passport is a must while you want a visa. In case if you have a diplomatic or official passport, you won’t be counted as an eligible one however, you can apply for a diplomat visa.
- Applying for e-visa online can be tricky second person can fill your details wrong and that would be a problem for you. It’s better if you do it yourself and take full responsibility for the correctness of the information provided.
Getting an e-visa is the simpler and faster task if you consider the above-mentioned things, it only takes 15-20 minutes to apply online and 2-4 days for approval. Applying for a regular visa can be time-consuming and it may take more than one visit to the airport, and an Indian tourist e-visa is faster to apply. If you are looking forward to getting the e-tourist visa you must apply online minimum of 4 days in advance of the date of arrival.