The visa plays a significant role when you plan your trip abroad. While there some countries that do not require a visa for traveling, there are some nations that are about their laws pertaining visa. India is one such nation. So, when you plan to travel to the country do not limit your knowledge to your budget, but also attain fundamental information about the destinations you plan to travel. You should also be aware of the laws regarding the tourists and foreigners visiting the country. Being informed can help you make your trip positive and memorable. The country has set some rules and regulations for visa application.
There is a list of requirements for a visa application. When applying for a visa online, you must have the following:
- Scanned copy of passport’s bio page- Your passport must have at least six months validity and at least two blank pages from the date of arrival in India.
- Recent photo- The photo must be front facing and against a white background.
The Indian visa application process-
- Ensure you are eligible for E-visa:
- Apply for the E-visa 4 days in advance of the date of arrival in India.
- Mention the reason for visiting the country be it recreation, visiting family and friends, casual business visit, etc.
- Your passport must have a validity of at least 6 months from your date of arrival. It should also have two blank pages.
- You must have a return ticket or an onward journey ticket and enough money to spend during the stay.
One can enter the country with E-visa through a list of airports and specified seaports. When planning your entry into the country through a different route, you should apply for visa in the traditional way.
Complete the Requirements:
Besides considering the requirements discussed above, you should be well informed about the travel dates, the airport of entry, and hotel address and contact number. These requirements are essential for a hassle-free trip to India.
Applying for the application online reduces your hassle to visit an Indian Embassy. However, the option is available for certain nations only. It is necessary to know that you should apply for the e-visa at least four days in advance of your travel date. You should offer accurate information as the application is subject to verification. Your passport should hold validity of at least six months and have two blank pages for the immigration officer to stamp.
The Visa Fee:
It is another crucial factor to consider when applying for the Indian Visa. You should choose the payment gateways wisely and be prompt in selecting the mode of payment like a debit card, credit card, net banking or PayPal.
Wait for the Visa:
The beauty of applying for the visa online is that you get a prompt response. Usually, it takes 72 hours for a visa to be granted, however, an early application can save the time. The visa is valid for 60 days.
Confirm that your visa is granted:
It is crucial to ensure that the visa status states granted before you commence your journey. You should double check the stats prior to your travel.
Another important thing to ensure is that no one tries to crook you when it comes the Indian Visa process. Despite the virtue of online visa has reduces rogues, there are chances that you might come across some corrupt intermediaries. You should not share your personal information with such people as your identity can be stolen.