India offers one-of-a-kind experience to tourists and visitors. The sunlight, cows, camels, elephants, marigolds, and saris are common sights in the country. It has the right blend of modern and exotic living. The festivals in India and the memories that visitors experience there can be treasured forever.
But, for a first-time traveler, the chaos, madness, and challenges that come with visiting India may be a bit overwhelming. Keep in mind that India is the second country in the world that has the biggest population. If you are unprepared, you may not enjoy the fun, splendor, and rich culture of India.
Before you fill out your Indian visa application, check out the ultimate guide below to help you make the most of your trip to magnificent country.
What to Pack
Know that you do not need a compass, GPS, whistle, or any signal when traveling to India, because the place is not a wilderness. But, here are some essentials to pack that can make your travel easy in india:
- Comfortable clothes, underwear, and shoes
- Hat, bandana, scarf
- Anti-bacterial wipes and gel
- Indian tourist visa
- Cash, ATM cards
Choose the Right Route
India is a vast land. It means, it is impossible to see the scenery and go to important festivals in just one trip. Upon receiving your e visa India, be realistic about what you can fit in in your travel itinerary.
Choose whether you want to focus on the North or South of India. Although, you can still experience both worlds by flying inexpensive internal flights.
- If you are after religious sites, both north and south have a lot of choices. The Golden Temple, Hampi, Sun Temple, Elephanta Island, Tiruchirappalli and Tiruvannamalai, and the temple caves of Ajanta and Ellora are some of the sites that can satisfy your curiosity.
- If you want to encounter some Indian wildlife, there are national parks and national reserves, wherein you can spot wild elephants, lions, rhinos, wild added, and a variety of birdlife.
- If you want to feed your spirituality, it is easy to so that, considering there are spiritual side all over India. For example, the Amritsar Sikh holy city, or the pilgrimage towns of Ajmer and Pushkar.
- If you want to head to the beach, there is the Girgaum Chowpatty beach in Mumbai. Goa city also has several top spots where you can enjoy the sun, sand, and the waves.
- India also had some mountains that are ideal for trekking and other outdoor activities such as in the Himachal Pradesh, Kullu Valley, Ladakh, and Uttarkhand.
Take Care of Your Health
The idea for applying for an Indian visa online is to travel and experience the taste of India. To be able to make the most of your time there, do not get ill while you’re there. As a precaution, so not drink from tap water, avoid ice cream, salad, and ice, and make sure you peel the fruits yourself before eating them.
If you want to try their street foods, check if they are freshly cooked and assess the cleanliness of the stall. If you decide to eat meat, choose the ones that are well-cooked.
Extra Tips for Female Travelers
- There are train carriages that are for female only. Make use of them.
- Keep the door in your hotel room locked at all times.
- Avoid physical contact especially with men. Leave the shaking of hands as a greeting to other countries.
- Be careful who you are smiling to, as it could be misinterpreted.
- It is better and safer not to wander alone with sadhus, also referred to as gurus or holy men.
- Decline posing for pictures with strangers.
- In budget hotels and guesthouses, the staff can get bold and make some advances. Try to avoid these kinds of encounters.
Stay Calm and Use Your Common Sense
If you are offered in India that is too good to be true, do not take the offer. Also, be careful of taxi drivers and rickshaw drivers who may overcharge you.
India has a reputation of having a lot of scanners. Learn to spot them while on your trip, so you can avoid them at all cost.
Get Your Indian Visa Online
If you are intent on traveling to India, then now is the time to get your Indian e visa. Go to an Indian government website to file your online visa. It is better to read the visa application guide first before you apply for an Indian visa online.