To see if you are able to travel to India on an e-Tourist Visa, check whether you fit into the following categories:
- You are a British National, or a passport holder from one of the 150 eligible countries, travelling to India for either a holiday, to visit friends or family, for a short medical stay or for informal business.
- You hold a passport valid for at least six months.
- You intend to stay for 30 days or less.
- You don’t intend to visit India more than twice in any given year.
- You have a return flight ticket or an onward ticket.
- You have sufficient funds for the duration of your
- You must make separate applications for each member of the party travelling together.
Not Eligible for an e-Tourist Visa
- If you or your spouse, parents or grandparents were born in Pakistan or ever held Pakistani nationality they are not eligible for an e-Tourist Visa, even if you have renounced your Pakistani You must apply for a traditional visa.
- If you intend to stay for 30+ days or visit India more than twice in 12 months.
- If you are visiting India for employment, to study, for diplomatic reasons or any other reason not mentioned above.
The online visa application can be submitted from 34 days before departure to up to 4 days. You must then use your visa within 30 days of approval or the visa will expire.